Tuesday 29 October 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (eggless)

I hadn't planned on baking chocolate chip cookies so soon after part one of The Chocolate Chip Cookie Experiment. Then I came across a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that also happened to be eggless. I also had leftover pumpkin from making cheesecake... so the matter was out of my hands, really. (I plead not guilty!)

Golden!

Of course, I wasn't satisfied with leaving the recipe well alone, and I tried some variations. Following the recipe exactly produces a cake-y cookie, which is delicious but doesn't deliver the chewiness that I prefer (but some in my circle of friends and family did). However, it was easy to increase the chewiness by shaping the cookies into a disk (rather than the recommended ball shape) and slightly under baking. 

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Experiment 1.5?

I also suspected that the pumpkin flavour would be very subtle and made one batch without the pumpkin spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves - I omitted allspice in both batches).  I was correct in this assumption - the taste was subtle and you would be unlikely to identify it as pumpkin. If you like the cake-y texture of these, it might be a good staple chocolate chip cookie for you.  However, it is equally delicious with the spices included and gives the taster all sorts of warm autumnal feelings! I would recommend these flattened before going in the oven, slightly under baked, and full of every recommended dose of spice-filled goodness :-)

Head over to the Baked by Rachel blog for the wonderful recipe.

I hope you enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...